In no particular order of importance:
1. The dirtiest kids are the cutest.
2. You can fit 22 people, 4 chickens, a twin mattress and some luggage all in the same minivan (of course the mattress was on top, or that would have been super uncomfortable).
3. Bald is beautiful. Especially for girls.
4. The absence of traffic laws and stop signs doesn't cause as many accidents as I thought it would.
5. Best method of transporting a live goat: the trunk of your 1986 Toyota sudan
6. It is possible for black babies lips to be so big that they can't actually close their mouth all the way. Proof: Baby Toto from the Bugembe Branch.
7. "You have been looking for me. I am here!" has proven to be a very effective pick-up line among Africans and mzungus in the past.
8. Chickens in the operating room aren't actually a problem
9. Random "crunchies" in your food add excitement to your gustatory experience
10. Africa changes lives. Forever.
I'm sorry we haven't been posting regularly. The power and internet here are not very reliable and we figured that since we don't have pictures our posts are probably super boring. We are still trying to find a way to download our pictures here without causing a power outage in Eastern Uganda, but until we do, this will be a "read only" blog. If you really want to hear more in-depth about our adventures here, you can get a hold of our Mom by sending her a message on her blog at hawaiituellers.blogspot.com. We send home weekly emails and I'm sure she would be willing to share them with you!